Friday, July 22, 2011

Where has the time gone?

I'm sad to say that it has really been 7 months since I posted my last blog!  I thought in December I would really get back into my blogging and then I decided to start getting my masters degree in January.  Well with the masters degree came lots of time on the computer doing research, taking classes, and creating projects.  Anytime I had free, you better believe I didn't want to touch the computer!

Like usual there has been a lot that has taken place since my last blog.  Like I stated I started my masters degree.  I am currently attending Indiana Wesleyan University for my masters in teaching.  It is completely online which is a savior for me since my schedule is so very hectic with teaching and our photography business.  Which brings me to the next exciting event.  In my past blogs you have heard me talk about my subbing career.  Well, my subbing career is finally over!  Last year I was so very blessed to spend 8 months at Scott High School subbing for two different teachers in long term positions.  At the end of this year, I was presented with a job opportunity by the same school.  Starting this August I will be a full time teacher at Scott, teaching drawing, ceramics, painting, and advanced placement art!

Also since my last blog, our photography business has really grown tremendously! We moved into a new space the middle of January.  We were very excited about our new space, and it helped so much with our business that we actually out grew that space and just moved into a different location the beginning of the month.  We love our new office space and are very blessed by our growing business.

I have shared with you some exciting news about getting my masters degree, starting my new job, and our growing business, but this one will top them all!  Jarrett and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary this year which was so very special, because one we have had 4 wonderful years together.  It was also so very special because we found out we were having our first baby!!  What a wonderful anniversary present!  I am just now starting my second trimester so we don't know yet if girl or boy?  But we have seen our little peanut and we have heard its fast heartbeat a couple of times!  We are so very excited, nervous, and scared to be parents but can't wait to see and hold our little one in January!

With everything happening at once, starting my masters, starting a new job, moving into a new location with our business, and a baby on the way, I must constantly remind myself that God does not give us more than we can handle.  There are times when I feel myself getting overwhelmed but then I think about all the things in my life and how God has brought me to and through every situation, and he will not fail when January comes and I have four titles to my name.  Being a mom I know will out way all of my other positions :) and I can not wait for that moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment