Monday, September 27, 2010

God of This City

Sidewalks lead us many places.  In the past year one sidewalk has been very prevalent in mine and my husbands life.  It took three years for us to make the decision to walk in the doors of 7 Hills church in Northern Kentucky, but after we visited just one time we pretty much knew this was the church for us.  (I know they say to visit at least three times before you make a decision, but we just knew.)  Bubba got plugged in right away volunteering to play in the worship band, and I quickly started volunteering my time in the youth (which I love).  This sidewalk has also connected us with so many wonderful people who I love dearly.  Our sidewalk to church has changed just a bit these last couple of weeks though....


Our old weekend routine would be go to church on Saturday and Sunday.  Bubba sometimes plays the weekends, and I usually help out in the middle school room, teaching or just hanging out with the youth.  For me this meant getting up around 9 or 9:30 and being at church by 10:20.  However, these past few Sundays have been quite different.  I am now getting up around 5:30 or 6:00 and getting to church around 6:30 or 7:00.  Are you asking why yet?  Well not only does our church have a sidewalk that runs through Florence, but this month we have also created a sidewalk that runs through Newport.  I think many times we get comfortable with where we are and sometimes we are afraid to go, but thats not the case for 7 Hills church.  We opened our first satellite campus in Newport, Kentucky at the Syndicate.  Yes....the Syndicate!  How amazing is that?


The past couple of weeks, we have met many people who come from many different walks of life.  When I see the people come through the doors, I am completely amazed at how BIG God is in what I would say is a small world.  I had no idea what our first service would be like?  Im not sure that anyone did?  Was I doubting that God would show up at the Syndicate....not at all, but I still had no idea how many people we would reach.  Our first service we had over 400 people take the sidewalk that led them to 7 Hills Church Newport.  Out of that 400 there were 29 decisions made for the Lord!!!  How amazing is that?  God has a plan for 7 Hills Church Newport...do I or anyone else at the church know what that plan is exactly?  No we don't, but the one thing we do know, and can have complete faith in is that God has a plan for the future of 7 Hills Church Newport.  We sang "God of This City" at church this weekend and it brought me to tears.  In the words of Chris Tomlin, "Greater things have yet to come, greater things are still to be done in this City."  And I couldn't agree more that "there is no one like our God".

No comments:

Post a Comment