Tuesday, September 28, 2010

seek me with all your heart

Have you ever lost something?  Well maybe you didn't loose it, but you misplaced it?  That was the case for me tonight.  I thought I had lost my Bengals hoodie.  Now some might see this as a problem, but others could probably care less (ha).  I really REALLY needed to find my hoodie.  This week is homecoming week at the school Im subbing at, and tomorrow is Cincy Reds/Bengals day.  So I HAD to find that darn hoodie.  If you could have only seen me.  I tore my closet completely apart.  I looked behind every stack of clothes on my shelves, between every smashed hanger (Im sure some of you have closets where it would be better if you didn't hang up your clothes.  I believe mine get more wrinkled hanging up.)  I searched behind my drawers (I stuff those to full also).  I ran downstairs and looked in the coat closet, and then I even got on my hands and knees and crawled into what I call is the secret closet thats inside my closet!  If you could have seen me.  There I was holding a lamp in my hand and going through all of the winter bins in my closet inside my closet.  I was on a mission, and that mission was to find my Bengals hoodie.  Really did I need to put that much effort into finding my hoodie....really?  About an hour later I found that hoodie tucked away in my closet on the shelf (which I looked behind) with the rest of my hoodies.  I must have just over looked it.


The search for my hoodie got me thinking...what if we put that much effort in searching for God.  Would I go as far as putting a lamp in my hand, and crawling into a very small space to search for the word of God?  Maybe we haven't completely lost Him, but maybe we have lost the desire or passion to seek His word.  Some of us might say "I just wish I had more time in my day."  I will be the first to raise my hand....Im guilty of letting the entire day go by without seeking His word.  There I sat one hour later my mission completed, hoodie in hand.  Could I have spent that hour seeking the wisdom of God or searching for the hoodie I couldn't live without?  Im not saying that by searching for my hoodie I was doing wrong.  I hope that I continue to have more passion to seek wisdom from the Lord than I do searching for my lost hoodie.


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13  

1 comment:

  1. Hey mama! Awesome post...truthful and honest. God uses "every day" moments to teach us:) Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete