Monday, October 18, 2010

it's that simple

Okay so have you guys missed me?!?  Well it has been one busy month!!  There have been so many times when I was driving or hanging out with friends that I thought, I am going to blog about this or I'm going to blog about that, but the time just went by.  Its been 3 weeks since my last blog, I cant believe I let time go by like that.  


Well yesterday was my first Sunday teaching in the Kindergarten/1st grade room at church.  I usually work with the middle and high school students, but there was a need so of course I helped out where needed.  And I LOVED it!  We talked about Nehemiah and how he saw a need in the people and so he helped them.  It was as easy as that.  If you see a need, help out.  In fact the memory verse was if you see it, then do it.  How simple is this?


How many times do we see someone in need, but don't feel like we have the time to help them out?  Or maybe we say it isn't my problem so why should I get involved in helping them?  Or you feel like you don't have the time to help, but you suggest someone else that can help them instead.  Really would it take that long to just step up and help when there is a need? 


How many of us are like Moses and say, "send someone else."  Moses was afraid that he wasn't good enough for the job and there are several occasions where he kind of fought with God saying "I'm not good enough, send someone else instead of me."  If we continue to beg God to send someone else, how will we ever see what we are capable of?  


Wherever God is leading you, whoever he placing in your life to help can sometimes be scary.  Are you going to step up and be a Nehemiah who helps out or are you going to be a Moses and beg God to send someone else instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment